HIV AIDS PROJECT/EDUCATION
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome is a serious disease caused by a virus which destroys the body’s natural protection from infection, and which usually causes death in Africa, killing most people as well as rendering them orphans. It is in this regard that S.A.V.O. has put up link with local organization in Ghana, which does a lot of work for the HIV AIDS Education and involve with community outreach programs such as educational programs etc.
S.V.O.project aims at preventing the transmission of HIV AIDS and to give better support to those affected by the disease. Volunteers in this project are mostly involved in taking care of people affected by the disease notably children and outreach education. What volunteers are expected to do: Orientation and training for the first week by local experts?
In the following weeks, volunteers and local expert will be involved in:
• Community education
• Schools education
• Churches education
• Hairdresser’s education
• Shoemakers/Cobbler education
• Markets/ Shopping centers education
• Lorry parks demonstration activities to increase the awareness campaign in the Ghanaian communities.
• Sometimes volunteers will engage in house-to-house education
• Volunteers will sometimes spend time with those affected by the disease, by helping them to take their medicines regularly as well as giving them care and comfort.
• Community education through drama.
• Volunteers shall reach out to commercial sex workers / prostitutes at red right areas with the message of abstinence and condom use.
This project welcomes everyone irrespective of his or her nationality There are no special qualifications for this project but people who are active are required for this project